Monday 28 April 2014

Sound Design

For the sound design I really wanted to keep things very minimalistic and really let the shots speak for themselves. As I didn’t want the camera to leave the room I really wanted to explore around this idea of bringing the outside in. Looking at 2001 space odyssey I love the way they slowly bought the outside sounds in to the room with out the audience really knowing this is something that I really wanted to create with in the sound design.

Throughout A View I want things to quite normal and just have in synch sounds, as he gets closer and closer to his panic attack I want the sounds to build up, creating tension, before we cut to silence as he reaches the door!! For the rest of the film I would like to slowly bring more and more outside in to the mix.Looking at song called Holy Innocent by The Crookes I love the piano in the intro and think it would work really well with the film.  Although I really like the sound of the piano I don’t want to make the film cliché. If we have time to create a soundtrack we will explore the possibility’s and experiment but the sound design is our main focus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment